Indoor Yoga Classes* (Updated Mar 2021)
While we all work through the period of transition, we are still under Pandemic guidelines. At times, this may feel constraining. It’s challenging, and everyone is coming to yoga practice from their own experience over the past year. We are here to practice with you and mutually find our way to balance and resiliency. Please let us know how we can support you during this time when we all have a lot less control over our experience than previously. So, with that said, here are the guidelines, which will be updated as CDC and State guidance changes.
- Please register ahead of time for the classes you want. No drop-ins are allowed. Please only register for the In-Studio classes you are confident you will attend. You can deregister for any class you have reserved up to 4 hours before class start time. The full drop-in fee will be charged for No Shows and cancellations made within 4 hours of a selected class.
- Instructors and participants will supply their own masks and wear the mask at all times from entry to exit of the Studio. Please note that our Studio is in an Easthampton mandatory mask zone, so masks will be worn from the time you leave your car. Masks must cover the nose and mouth, and reach from chin to mid-nose, without side gaps. No neck gaiters or bandanas. We will offer a replacement mask if we deem it is needed. We reserve the right to ask anyone who is not able to follow these mask guidelines to leave the Studio, for the safety of all participants.
- Participants will bring their own mats and all props. No yoga props, blocks, straps, bolsters, or mats will be available to borrow. For restorative classes only, we will provide bolsters with pillowcase covers which are washed each time after use.
- Enter our Studio only if you are symptom-free. In the 24-hour period before a scheduled class, all participants attest that they are not experiencing symptoms such as fever (100.0 and above), chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Further, that they have not had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19, nor been instructed by a health professional to enter self-isolation or quarantine. Please take the class by livestream if you feel even slightly off or unwell.
- The Studio opens 10 minutes before class start time. Please try to time your arrival in that window if possible.
- As you enter the Studio, please sanitize your hands with the provided sanitizer.
- Try to be mindful of others in the entry area, slowing down and allowing social distancing for those arriving before or after you. Your yoga practice begins when you enter the door!
- Each participant will have a spot for shoes and coat. Please bring all your other items inside the practice space and place them behind your mat space, which will be marked out for social distancing.
- Instructors will check you in, respond to any questions, and teach the class from their mat space.
- Instructors will not touch participants, no assists or adjustments.
- Participants are encouraged to use the restroom before coming to the Studio. A single-person bathroom is available, supplied with disinfecting wipes, soap, and paper towels. Please follow the posted simple cleaning task in the bathroom after you use it. Bathrooms are also cleaned and disinfected regularly by staff.
- Staff will wipe down and sanitize the yoga studio daily and/or between classes.
- Participants must remain socially distanced from others throughout their time at the studio, with masks on. Please save any socializing for outside the Studio.
- After class, please exit one at a time to maintain social distancing.
Outdoor Yoga Classes*
- Outdoor yoga classes will be weather permitting and will be moved online if there is inclement weather.
- No drop-ins are allowed. Participants must pre-register online for their class.
- There will be no more than 10 people in class, INCLUDING the instructor.
- All participants attest that they are not experiencing symptoms such as fever (100.0 and above), chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea; that they have not had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19; and that they have not been instructed by a health professional to enter self-isolation or quarantine.
- Instructors and participants will wear masks to, from, and during class.
- Participants will enter the outdoor space from their parking spot and go directly to their mat space.
- Instructors and participants will not gather in groups and will maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Instructors will check in guests using their own phones.
- Instructor will teach from their mat or space at the front of class and not walk closer than 6 feet from participants during class.
- Instructor will not touch students and there will be no assists, no adjustments and no cold cloths.
- Participants will bring their own mats and props. No yoga props, blocks, straps, bolsters or mats will be available to borrow.
- No restrooms are available on site for outdoor classes. Please use the restroom before leaving your home for class.
*Additional items may be added or updated as needed to stay current with Massachusetts law and safety guidelines.