Breathing Space is dedicated to creating an environment that allows people to explore the benefits and practices of yoga and mindfulness. In order to reach this goal, we are continually refining our approach under the guidance of our Board and instructor team, as well as best practices in the field.
- As of August 25, 2021, we will require that everyone wear a mask in the Studio, regardless of vaccination status.
- We encourage anyone who is still unvaccinated and can be vaccinated, to do so right away.
- Unvaccinated persons are invited to take our classes online. Most of our classes are offered as hybrid – in Studio and online simultaneously.
- Our HEPA high-grade air cleaner will be run continuously during our classes. Cleaning protocols will continue.
- We may change these guidelines as new information is made available.
- As always, please do not come to class if you experience symptoms of illness, such as cough, body aches, shortness of breath, or fever.
For All Classes (online, outdoor, and Studio):
- Sign up online in advance for any class you wish to take. We are not able to accommodate drop-ins at this time.
- It’s always best to arrive (or log in) a few minutes early for class to check in, set up your mat, and gather your props (2 blocks, a yoga blanket, and an 8-foot yoga strap are recommended) .
- Our classes start as close to on time as possible. You can be up to 5 minutes late and still join the class.
- Our yoga classes encourage self-pacing and self-regulation. You may rest at any time during a yoga class and join in when you feel ready. Options and props are great to have, to make poses more accessible.
- If you inform us of injuries or medical conditions, please be aware that yoga instructors are not doctors. We wish you rapid healing and believe that yoga can assist you in maintaining your health, but it is your responsibility to be sure you have cleared your participation in yoga classes with your medical providers. You must choose how much to participate in yoga classes given your abilities, range of motion, and vulnerabilities.
- Students may be requested to leave a class at the teacher’s discretion, in the interest of their own health and fitness, and to seek further medical advice.
- Our systems are unable to protect your medical or health privacy. Any health information shared is offered voluntarily by the student, and is not being solicited or securely stored by Breathing Space Inc.
- Students under 18 years of age must obtain parental signature on our online waiver form
- Class rates are subject to change at any time
- The Studio will open 10 minutes before your class start time. If you arrive earlier than that, please wait outside the Studio until your teacher arrives to let you in.
- When you come in, remove your shoes in the reception area. Non-slip yoga socks or bare feet only are allowed in the Studio.
- Silence and stow your cellphone.
- Some people like to find quiet time in the Studio before class, so please avoid loud conversations in the reception area and in the Studio before class.
- Bring your personal items, mat, and props into the studio.
- Avoid the use of perfumes, scents, oils, and beauty products before practice. If you smoke, please try to refrain from smoking right before class.
- Avoid eating at least one hour before yoga class, or eat lightly
- At the end of class, please assemble your personal items mindfully to allow everyone to transition from class.
- Hands-on Assists. We respect your personal practice of yoga, and believe that you are best judge of how to be in your yoga practice. We offer verbal “cues” and demonstrate poses to assist students to find healthy alignment in yoga poses. We do not offer hands-on assists in the Studio.
- We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to your property
Outdoor Yoga Classes
- Outdoor yoga classes will be weather permitting and will be moved to the Studio or online if there is inclement weather. Please check your email the night before by 8pm for any changes if the weather looks iffy.
- No drop-ins are allowed. Participants must pre-register online for their class.
- All participants attest that they are not experiencing any symptoms of illness. If you are, please do not come to class.
- Participants will enter the outdoor space from their parking spot and go directly to their mat space.
- Instructors will check in guests using their own phones.
- Participants will bring their own mats and props. No yoga props, blocks, straps, bolsters or mats will be available to borrow.
- Please use the restroom before leaving your home for class, as there are no facilities at the park.
Cancellations & Refunds
Breathing Space Class Cancellations
- Periodically, class cancellations do occur for planned or unforeseen circumstances.
- If you have pre-registered for a class or workshop that is later cancelled, you will be notified using the email address we have in the scheduling system as soon as possible.
- When Breathing Space cancels, class credit is offered for a future class.
- If, due to circumstances beyond its control, the Board of Breathing Space determines that the Studio must cease operations either temporarily or permanently, single or partially used class passes cannot be refunded.
Participant Class Cancellation or “No-Show”
- If you cancel in advance of 4 hours before class start time, your class credit will be available for use for a future class. Please cancel your class registration as soon as you know you will not be able to make it.
- If you cancel less that 4 hours before class start = “late cancel,” or are marked “no-show,” one class credit will be deducted from your account.
- You may “late cancel” your class yourself by logging into your account. The class credit will be deducted, but this will free up a class space for someone else to attend the class.
- If you late-cancel, you can request that a friend or relative attend the class using your credit if you can arrange that.
- We encourage everyone to plan ahead and reserve the classes you want ahead of time.
- Membership fees are withdrawn each 30 days from the day you started membership
- There is a 90-day (3 month) commitment for the 4 class/month and 8 classes/month memberships
- If you wish to cancel your membership, please do so by email notification to email@example.com
- We will make every effort to cancel within 24 hours of you notifying us if you have passed the 3 months’ commitment time period
- There are no partial refunds for memberships
- If you wish to upgrade your membership mid-cycle, please do so! We will refund you the difference for the overlapping days between the plans.
- Requests for a refund must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop refunds, minus any fees, can be requested up to 3 days before the event. For workshops run by visiting instructors, up to 7 days before the event.
- Class series refunds are available up to 3 days before the start of class.
- There will be no partial refunds offered once a workshop or Class series has started.
Breathing Space upholds peace; non-violence; antiracism and antibias; transformative economic and social justice; and multiple pathways of recovery. We strive to create a safe space for the practice of yoga and mindfulness. In light of those values, we ask the following:
- Refraining from speech that supports violence of any kind, including speech that supports the limiting of the rights of or expresses bias toward any marginalized group, gender identity, or undocumented persons
- Refraining from use of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs in the Studio, or coming for class under the influence
- Refraining from tobacco use in or near the Studio
- No carrying, concealed or otherwise, guns or any device that can be used as a weapon into the Studio
- No words, gestures, body language, touch, or any sharing of views that violate the Yoga Alliance Code of Conduct