Breathing Space is dedicated to creating an environment that allows people to explore the benefits and practices of yoga and mindfulness. In order to reach this goal, we are continually refining our approach under the guidance of our Board and instructor team, as well as best practices in the field.
New Masking policy (subject to change upon receipt of new information)
Breathing Space is following the new Covid guidelines issued effective May 29th from the CDC, State of Massachusetts, and local health authorities. Our new policies follow:
- We are adopting a “mask-optional” policy for Studio classes. Mask-optional applies only to those who are fully vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated, you are invited to practice now in the Studio with or without a face mask.
- All Breathing Space teachers are fully vaccinated. Individual teachers may choose to wear a mask or not in the studio.
- People who have not received the vaccine for any reason are strongly requested to take our livestream offerings from home. All of our classes, except restorative, will continue to be offered livestream. If you are unvaccinated and choose to come to the studio, you MUST wear a mask at all times to protect your health.
- We will continue reduced capacity of six participants in the studio with 6 foot social distancing for the time being.
- Our HEPA high-grade air cleaner will be run continuously during our classes. Cleaning protocols will continue.
- We may change these guidelines as new information is made available. Thank you so much for support of the studio and our work in the community.
- As always, please do not come to class if you experience symptoms of illness, such as cough, body aches, shortness of breath, or fever.
For All Classes (online, outdoor, and live):
- Sign up online in advance for any class you wish to take. We are not able to accommodate drop-ins at this time.
- You can deregister for any class you have reserved up to 4 hours before class start time. The full drop-in fee will be charged for No Shows and cancellations made within 4 hours of class start time.
- It’s always best to arrive (or log in) a few minutes early for class to check in, set up your mat, and gather your props (2 blocks, a yoga blanket, and an 8-foot yoga strap are recommended) .
- Our classes start as close to on time as possible. You can be up to 5 minutes late and still join the class.
- Our yoga classes encourage self-pacing and self-regulation. You may rest at any time during a yoga class and join in when you feel ready. Options and props are great to have, to make poses more accessible.
- If you inform us of injuries or medical conditions, please be aware that yoga instructors are not doctors. We wish you rapid healing and believe that yoga can assist you in maintaining your health, but it is your responsibility to be sure you have cleared your participation in yoga classes with your medical providers. You must choose how much to participate in yoga classes given your abilities, range of motion, and vulnerabilities.
- Students may be requested to leave a class at the teacher’s discretion, in the interest of their own health and fitness, and to seek further medical advice.
- Our systems are unable to protect your medical or health privacy. Any health information shared is offered voluntarily by the student, and is not being solicited or securely stored by Breathing Space Inc.
- Students under 18 years of age must obtain parental signature on our online waiver form
- Class rates are subject to change at any time
Live Studio Classes
- The Studio will open 15 minutes before your class start time. If you arrive earlier than that, please wait outside the Studio until your teacher arrives to let you in.
- When you come in, remove your shoes in the reception area. Non-slip yoga socks or bare feet only are allowed in the Studio.
- Silence and stow your cellphone.
- Some people like to find quiet time in the Studio before class, so please avoid loud conversations in the reception area and in the Studio before class.
- Bring your personal items, mat, and props into the studio.
- Avoid the use of perfumes, scents, oils, and beauty products before practice. If you smoke, please try to refrain from smoking right before class.
- Avoid eating at least one hour before yoga class, or eat lightly
- At the end of class, please assemble your personal items in silence to allow everyone to transition from class.
- Hands-on Assists. We respect your personal practice of yoga, and believe that you are best judge of how to be in your yoga practice. We offer verbal “cues” and demonstrate poses to assist students to find healthy alignment in yoga poses. We do not offer hands-on assists in the Studio.
- We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to your property
Outdoor Yoga Classes
- Outdoor yoga classes will be weather permitting and will be moved online if there is inclement weather.
- No drop-ins are allowed. Participants must pre-register online for their class.
- All participants attest that they are not experiencing any symptoms of illness. If you are, please do not come to class.
- Participants will enter the outdoor space from their parking spot and go directly to their mat space.
- Instructors and participants will not gather in groups and will maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Instructors will check in guests using their own phones.
- Instructor will teach from their mat or space at the front of class and not walk closer than 6 feet from participants during class.
- Instructor will not touch students and there will be no assists, no adjustments and no cold cloths.
- Participants will bring their own mats and props. No yoga props, blocks, straps, bolsters or mats will be available to borrow.
- No restrooms are available on site for outdoor classes. Please use the restroom before leaving your home for class.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Periodically, class cancellations do occur for planned or unforeseen circumstances, or if we do not meet our minimum enrollment threshold for a class.
- If you have pre-registered for a class or workshop that is later cancelled, you will be notified using the email address we have in the scheduling system as soon as possible.
- If you do not cancel before 4 hours before class start time, or don’t show up for a class you have scheduled, you will be charged one class credit. Please cancel your class registration as soon as you know you will not be able to make it.
- When Breathing Space cancels, full refund or class credit is offered.
- If you check the class schedule, and don’t see a class that should be listed, it may be full, or it may have been cancelled. Please choose the next class that meets your schedule!
- We encourage everyone to plan ahead and reserve the classes you want ahead of time.
- Membership fees are withdrawn each 30 days from the day you started membership
- There is a 90-day (3 month) commitment for the 4/month, 8/month and Unlimited memberships
- If you wish to cancel your membership, please do so by email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will make every effort to cancel within 24 hours of you notifying us if you have passed the 3 months’ commitment time period
- There are no partial refunds for memberships
- If you wish to upgrade your membership mid-cycle, please do so! We will refund you the difference for the overlapping days between the plans.
- BUT WAIT, perhaps you would like to pay by CLASS PASS instead? They offer a discount and have no recurring payment.
- Requests for a refund must be made by email to email@example.com
- Workshop refunds, minus any fees, can be requested up to 3 days before the event. For workshops run by visiting instructors, up to 7 days before the event.
- Class series refunds are available up to 3 days before the start of class.
- No refunds or credits are offered for no-shows for classes or workshops. Unlimited memberships will not be affected by this.
Breathing Space upholds peace; non-violence; restorative, economic, and social justice; and multiple pathways of recovery, and strives to create a safe space for the practice of yoga and mindfulness. In light of those values, we ask the following:
- Refraining from speech that supports violence of any kind, including speech that supports the limiting of the rights of any protected group, gender identity, or undocumented persons, or expresses bias towards any group
- Refraining from use of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs in the Studio, or coming for class under the influence
- Refraining from tobacco use in or near the Studio
- No carrying, concealed or otherwise, guns or any device that can be used as a weapon into the Studio
- No words, gestures, body language, touch, or any sharing of views that violate the Yoga Alliance Code of Conduct