Sharing here a few mindfulness tips for stress relief in the New Year:
- Place your hands on your low belly or side of your ribs, and take three slow, full breaths
- Push your chair back, and do a seated 5-pointed star – stretching legs, arms, and torso fully
- Make a figure 4 by placing one ankle atop the other knee, and slowly bend forward, giving a gentle hip stretch
- If you stand for your job, take a minute to do a moderate squat (knees permitting) to release the legs. Flow back to standing a few times. Squat, stand, squat, stand – timing it with your breath.
- Find a window and just stare out at nature for a minute, noticing anything that is moving, and breathe
- If you can, catch some fresh air! FAF (Fresh Air Factor) always de-stresses!